‘Jazz is meant for dancing’ is once again proved true by Dutch superjazz formation BRUUT!
The best-dressed band from The Netherlands (Esquire, 2016) has reinvented itself in collaboration with producer Paul Willemsen (of Michelle David & The Gospel Sessions, Ruben Hein, Blackbird). The band’s 5th album V is a stomping, high-energy record full of grooves and grease.
But is it jazz? Surf? Rock? It doesn’t matter. Just enjoy it!
As Joshua Redman once said about BRUUT!: “Tightly woven tunes with a free, open spirit. Fun wild party vibe. Serious cats!”
One thing is certain: while listening to BRUUT! anything is possible, except keeping your feet on the floor.
V will be released on Friday, November 30th via Dox Records.
Maarten Hogenhuis – sax
Folkert Oosterbeek – hammond
Thomas Rolff – double bass
Felix Schlarmann – drums
Last month BRUUT! announced the release of its new album V with the release of Klets. On this single the band showcased a refreshed version of its Superjazz sound. The new single Lopez, which was released today BRUUT! continues to show its reinvention for which they collaborated with producer Paul Willemsen (of Michelle David & The Gospel Sessions, Ruben Hein, Blackbird). [..] »
- 19-10 BRUUT! announces new album V »
- 08-12 BRUUT! releases christmas song »
- 09-06 BRUUT! nominated for Gouden Notekraker »
- 05-05 BRUUT!’s Superjazz receives Edison nomination »
- 22-02 BRUUT! @ Vrije Geluiden »
- 12-12 '18 Jinjazz , Nijmegen
- 15-12 '18 Bimhuis, Amsterdam
- 16-12 '18 Het Bolwerk, Sneek
- 10-01 '19 Huis Verloren, Hoorn
- 18-01 '19 Bird, Rotterdam
release date: 16-11-'18
Single : digital
release date: 19-10-'18
Single : digital
release date: 08-12-'17