‘Jazz is meant for dancing’ is once again proved true by Dutch superjazz formation BRUUT!
The best-dressed band from The Netherlands (Esquire, 2016) has reinvented itself in collaboration with producer Paul Willemsen (of Michelle David & The Gospel Sessions, Ruben Hein, Blackbird). The band’s 5th album V is a stomping, high-energy record full of grooves and grease.
But is it jazz? Surf? Rock? It doesn’t matter. Just enjoy it!
As Joshua Redman once said about BRUUT!: “Tightly woven tunes with a free, open spirit. Fun wild party vibe. Serious cats!”
One thing is certain: while listening to BRUUT! anything is possible, except keeping your feet on the floor.
Maarten Hogenhuis – sax
Folkert Oosterbeek – hammond
Thomas Rolff – double bass
Felix Schlarmann – drums
The wait is over! Earlier this year, superjazz formation BRUUT! announced its fifth album ‘V‘ with the release of singles Klets and Lopez. The album is created in collaboration with producer Paul Willemsen (of Michelle David & The Gospel Sessions, Ruben Hein, Blackbird) and will be presented at Het Bimhuis, Amsterdam on December 15th. The best-dressed band [..] »
- 16-11 BRUUT! releases second single from upcoming album V »
- 19-10 BRUUT! announces new album V »
- 08-12 BRUUT! releases christmas song »
- 09-06 BRUUT! nominated for Gouden Notekraker »
- 05-05 BRUUT!’s Superjazz receives Edison nomination »
- 22-02 '19 Mezz, Breda
- 29-03 '19 Hedon, Zwolle
- 30-03 '19 De Vorstin, Hilversum
- 24-04 '19 Jazzkapel, Den Bosch
- 19-07 '19 het concertgebouw, amsterdam
Album : cd digital vinyl
release date: 30-11-'18
Single : digital
release date: 16-11-'18
Single : digital
release date: 19-10-'18